Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

World Diabetes Day is November 14 - Wear Blue to Support the Diabetes Awareness Campaign

This month, I think all (4) of my posts so far have focused on diabetes, and believe it or not, there's a reason for it!  November is Diabetes Awareness month.  We've already passed the "D-Blog" day, where I talked about my diagnosis.  This Friday, November 14, is World Diabetes Day, where companies and monuments around the world are lit in blue in support of diabetes awareness.  We also tried, unsuccessfully, to get Google to do a "doodle" for the day, but apparently diabetes isn't a "quirky" enough issue to warrant one.  Maybe next year.  For this year, though, you can show your support by wearing blue on Friday.  Any shade will do, just as long as you wear blue! (you didn't know I was a poet, didya?)  Also, check out my cool new banner over there on the left.  You can light a virtual candle!  Cool!

Find out more information about World Diabetes Day here: http://www.worlddiabetesday.org


1 comment:

Unknown said...

We didn't get the doodle?? But we tried so hard!! I don't know how I missed that we didn't get it...bummer.