Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely.

Monday, November 24, 2008

There's a Turkey next door

I live in a townhouse in the suburbs of DC. It's not unusual to see people walking their dogs, or to see a cat sitting in the window. I was surprised this weekend when Scott asked me to come outside and look (through the privacy fence - ha!) into our neighbor's yard. On their back porch was, I kid you not, a live turkey. I can only assume that it won't be around after Thursday, but I wonder, should I contact some authority? I'm not sure whether it's illegal or not, but I know there's something about zoning and farm animals, and I'm sure that our little row of townhouses is not zoned for having live turkeys. Not only that, but there's a frozen pile of turkey poo sitting on their steps. I wonder what kinds of diseases you can catch from live turkeys and frozen turkey dung? And, perhaps most disgustingly, I wonder where they're planning to kill and clean it? I don't even want to think about it. Now, where did I leave that HOA contact phone number...?

No comments: