Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely.

Monday, February 23, 2009

What a pain

I told you a while back that I'd be sharing details about diabetes and pregnancy. So far, my conclusion is - it's not so bad. Lots of monitoring and doctors appointments, but really, not much different than what I was doing before.

What has changed, however, is that I've had headaches off and on (mostly on) since 2/8/09. At first, I assumed Tylenol was all I could take. Then I called my OB and the midwife there told me I could also take Excedrin Migraine, which usually kills a headache in about 20 minutes. Well, not this headache. After a 2-day migraine, I took the midwife's advice and went to my primary care doc. He says it's likely hormonal and could last a few weeks, or it could hang out til the baby comes, at which point, I'm guessing headaches will be caused by lack of sleep rather than hormones. He prescribed me some Class C drugs and sent me on my merry way. I'm trying to avoid taking the drugs, but have succumbed to the headache a few times and taken Tylenol with Codeine. Today, so far (KNOCK ON WOOD!!) no headache. Yesterday, it kicked in during church. Other days, I wake up with it and go to bed with it and wake up with it the next morning, too. Ah, the joys of pregnancy. :) I can't really complain too much, though, because I had almost no nausea in my first trimester and I'd say it's been an easy pregnancy so far. Thank God for that!

PS - check out Anthony's post over at Being a Dad Ain't Bad for the dad's side of the pregnancy headache coin.

PPS - speaking of the dad's side, Scott has decided to share this blog with me, so he will hopefully be posting here soon, too! :)

No comments: