Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely.

Friday, January 9, 2009

Oh, they didn't specify "grilled"

How I love Panera Bread. Their soups, salads, and sandwiches are all yummy lunchtime fare, and their chai latte is among the best I've tasted.

Sometimes, though, customer service is a little...quirky. I went to lunch with some coworkers and ordered the 1/2 and 1/2 - 1/2 a bowl of baked potato soup (21 g carbs) and 1/2 a sandwich. I asked for a "Grilled Cheese" (35 g carbs). The guy behind the register asked me what kind of bread (the kind on the menu) and what kind of cheese (also the kind on the menu). When I picked up my order, sat down, and opened my sandwich wrapper, I was surprised to find cold bread with two 1/2 slices of cold cheese in between - decidedly not a grilled cheese sandwich as I had ordered.

I headed back to the food prep area, and explained my situation. The response I got? "Oh, they didn't specify 'grilled'".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

who eats a cold cheese sandwich? wouldn't you think that was weird and ask questions when you were preparing it to begin with? *shaking head*